We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our team in Cincinnati, Ohio.
This role will provide technical leadership, manage department costs, develop employees hands-on, organize workloads, and ensure adequate staffing to support current and future business needs. Also responsible for analyzing trends in technology, reviewing product development requests, and planning all aspects of projects. Will work with purchasing and manufacturing operations to coordinate design, supplier, and production efforts. This position will play integral role on the Dixon Bayco management team and will assist in developing strategic plans and initiatives for the division. Bachelor`s degree in engineering required. Minimum of 8-10 years engineering experience.
- Oversee design functions for the division
- Manage, train, coach, and evaluate the engineering team
- Manage the product development process for new products and design improvements
- Select correct design concepts and fundamental technology for new products or improvement for existing ones
- Develop and implement methods and procedures for monitoring projects, including expenditures, research findings, and progress reports
- Work closely with manufacturing, operations and quality teams, to review and monitor quality, process improvements and new product development
- Direct appropriate support for manufacturing and quality functions within the organization
- Provide technical support to purchasing department and vendors
- Establish acceptable performance and quality specifications for products
- Strong product design experience - mechanical, Solidworks, electrical, circuit design
- Strong understanding of electrical and mechanical engineering principles and manufacturing processes
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to troubleshoot, and develop effective solutions
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Proven leadership skills with ability to effectively lead and manage a team of engineers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Bachelors or better in Electrical Engineering.
Bachelors or better in Mechanical Engineering.
3-5 years: Management, leading a team
8-10 years: Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
Dixon Valve & Coupling Company
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.