Bearon Manufacturing is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join our team in Manheim, PA! This person will support the manufacturing, sales, and purchasing departments, answer technical questions from internal and external customers. They should be familiar with material uses and strengths and be able to make recommendations based on assessment of the application. Must be able to read, interpret, and understand customer drawings and create working drawings for the shop. An understanding of the casting process is a plus. This person should have a working knowledge of various finishing processes such as powder coating, wet paint, and plating. Finally, this person should understand mechanical engineering principles including but not limited to engineering calculations, measuring dimensions, costing of materials, manufacturing processes, and tooling technologies to assist in achieving quality, efficiently produced components.
- Primary focus is on production, product quality, and efficiency of processes
- Inspecting manufactured parts for quality
- Support role in adherence to customer quality requirements and ISO
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of mechanical drawings
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to comprehend complicated mechanical drawings
- Ability to work with office and shop personnel on compatibility of production process
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to use SolidWorks and Cam programs to make working drawings, build fixtures, and program CNC`s
- Proficient computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office products
- An understanding of horizontal, vertical, and CNC lathe capabilities as well as manual machines
- An understanding of lean manufacturing principles
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Bachelors or better in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
5 years: Mechanical Engineering Experience
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
HOW TO APPLY:
Dixon Valve & Coupling Company
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.