Dixon is looking for a Help Desk Technician to join our I.T. team in Chestertown, MD. This person will complete entry-level help desk tasks such as answering phones, password resets, and setting up computers. Ideal candidates should have a desire to learn and adapt, a passion for helping others, possess a positive attitude, and enjoy working with a team. As part of our rotational training program, candidates must be willing to work in all areas of business including manufacturing and distribution during the first couple of weeks on the job. As a member of the Dixon team you will receive competitive salary, paid vacation and holidays, bonus program, 401K plan, health benefits, tuition reimbursement, training and much more!
- Acts as initial contact for all technical support required for computer workstation software, telephone, network, operating system, printing, and Internet access problems
- Duties include answering the help desk phone, effectively researching issues to find the root issue, first level corrective action, problem escalation to second level when necessary, and properly document each incident with detail
- Create incident tickets to document issues and route tickets to appropriate support group for processing
- Provide Level 1 support / troubleshooting of desktop and laptop hardware / software issues
- Coordinate support team escalations and alert communications
- You may be expected to assist the team with performing installs, password resets, upgrades, moves, and changes for computer software, and printers
- Ability to problem solve/analyze
- Basic computer, printer, and operating system knowledge
- Experience with helpdesk software preferred such as Solarwinds and Samanage
- Strong customer service and customer relationship skills
- Communication Proficiency through email, phone, and on paper with internal team
- Time Management
- Willingness to develop professionally
- Inspired to perform well and earn the opportunity to take on additional responsibilities
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing. The employee may be expected to lift and/or move items up to 50 pounds
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
High School or better.
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
Dixon Valve & Coupling Company
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.