Dixon is looking for a Systems Engineer to join our team in Chestertown, MD! Do you want to have an integral role in designing and building custom manufacturing machinery and robotic work cells? Do you have experience in programming PLCs and robotics? If so, this is the job for you. Join Dixons growing Advanced Manufacturing Engineering team in our soon-to-be-overhauled R&D center in Chestertown, MD; and work with cutting edge technologies to solve manufacturing problems.
- Create plans and proposals for automation projects.
- Develop overall designs of custom automated equipment and robotic machining centers.
- Consult with mechanical and electrical engineers during design phase of projects to assist in specifying components.
- Create and modify PLC programs
- Create and modify Robotic programs
- Evaluate and further develop existing corporate standards for:
- PLC programming
- Robotic programming
- Machinery safety
- Inter-device communication
- Commission and troubleshoot new and retrofitted equipment.
- Evaluate and recommend virtual commissioning / digital twin simulation software.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies like machine vision, bin picking, optical inspection, etc.
- PLC programming with Ladder and SCL using Siemens TIA portal.
- Operating a robotic arm using the teach pendent.
- Writing robot programs using software such as RoboGUIDE.
- Familiarity with KAREL programming language.
- Familiarity with Profinet & Profisafe networking.
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
Bachelors or better in Engineering.
5 years: Experience in a controls or systems engineering position
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
Dixon Valve & Coupling Company
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.