Dixon is looking for a Design Engineer to join our team in Chestertown, MD! This position requires both leading and participation in a creative engineering environment tasked with developing new products and processes. Success depends on the application of engineering disciplines (strength of materials, statics, FEA, fluids, thermodynamics, etc) to new product concepts from inception to manufacturing. Candidates must be open minded yet methodical, creative yet focused, team oriented yet self-starting, book smart yet capable with tools. Travel will be intermittent. A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate success at working in a team environment and how past challenges have been overcome. A minimum of 3 years working in a team-oriented engineering design role would be preferred.
- Manage projects including team communication, task assignments, performing tasks
- Learn and utilize the new product development smartsheet system
- SolidWorks modeling and analysis and making drawings when necessary
- Read/analyze/interpret complex documents
- Write reports and speak in front of groups
- Apply and extrapolate mathematical concepts such as algebra, trigonometry, geometry, and statistics
- Define problems, design tests, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Build prototypes and test rigs as needed
- Willing to listen, learn, change and always be relentlessly curious!
- Ability to be a team player and also work independently
- 3D modeling experience (preferably SolidWorks)
- Ability to understand physical properties and grasp obscure concepts
- Ability to direct others/mentor yet with the ability to take direction s
Solidworks or 3D Model
Bachelors or better in Engineering.
Programmable logic controllers (PLC`s)
Hands on experience with building things out of wood or metal
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
Dixon Valve & Coupling Company
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.