Buck Foundry is looking for a Lab Technician to join its in Quarryville, PA. As a member of the quality team you will support the operation of the lab and performs tests and analyses as requested. Maintain documentation on all tests and evaluations. You will need to be able to test iron samples on a spectrometer and a Leco machine, as well as Brinell testing, and administrative work. The samples for the spectrometer and Leco machine will need to be prepared for analysis also. Associates or Bachelor`s degree with a strong math component is required as well as one-two years of experience in this filed. As a member of the Buck Company team you will receive a competitive salary, paid vacation, 401K, health benefits, training and much more.
At Buck Company, we value the contributions of our Military Veterans and proudly employ our nations heroes. Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Chemical analyses: Furnace, ladle, casting, metallic scrap
- T-Bars: Collection, cutting, BHN, prepare for pick-up, HT bar prep
- Nodularity Check: CGI (as needed ) and Ductile (100%) during pour
- Customer Profiles: prepare for testing, send to outside tensile tests, chemical analyses, BHN, microstructural preparation and review.
- Defect Analyses: obtain material, sectioning, microstructural preparation and review
- Sand Testing: Support for core and mold processes, Lab batches, emergency testing, LOI, moisture testing of raw materials, screen analyses, viscosity
- Perform any and all other job-related tasks as assigned
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Ability to read blue prints and mechanical drawings
- Ability to competently use measuring equipment
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work with office and shop personnel on compatibility of production process, etc.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-structured, flexible team player
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
High School or better in General Business.
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
Dixon Valve & Coupling Company
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.