Dixon is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join our Advanced Manufacturing Engineering team in Chestertown, MD! We are looking for someone that can use their engineering prowess to effectively design custom machinery. In this position, youll focus on the mechanical design of manufacturing equipment, while collaborating with the rest of our small team of engineers who will focus on the electrical and control aspects. Experience in mechanical design and manufacturing preferred, but not required.
- Design tooling, fixturing, welded fabrications and components for custom manufacturing machinery and automated work cells.
- Use Solidworks to create models, assemblies, and drawings, as well as perform FEA studies and motion simulations.
- Collaborate with machinists to create easily-manufacturable designs.
- Coordinate with vendors and suppliers to specify mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic components.
- Solid mechanical design background, with an emphasis on statics, dynamics, fluid power, fits and clearances, and traditional and additive manufacturing.
- Read mechanical drawings, schematics, and component manuals.
- Firm grasp of Solidworks including solid and surface modeling, working with drawings, simulation, weldments, and large assemblies.
- Strong mechanical aptitude is a must.
- Basic understanding of electrical safety and basic shop safety.
Solidworks or 3D Model
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Associates or better in Mechanical Engineering.
Bachelors or better in Mechanical Engineering.
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
Dixon Valve & Coupling Company
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.