Dixon Sanitary is looking for a Welder/Polisher to join our team in Pewaukee, WI. The Welder/Polisher will specialize in the fabricating, welding, and polishing of stainless steel and other metals for the Fitting, Pump, Valve, Flow, Piping, Food, Beverage, Pharmaceutical, Biotech and Semiconductor industries. Previous welding experience is required. If you have mechanical aptitude and are looking for a career, this could be the opportunity for you!
- Be able to layout, read blueprints, and build from prints and samples.
- Manufacture quality metal parts to a specific design using TIG and orbital welding equipment.
- Ability to work a job from start to finish including Welding, and Polishing.
- Performing TIG welding on carbon steel, stainless steel and aluminum while maintaining acceptable appearance and strength.
- Setting up and running jobs independently, producing an acceptable quantity of parts.
- Able to polish and deburr metal parts using powered or air hand tools.
- Ability to produce high quality products
- Assemble and test actuated valves and pumps
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and Word.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read blue prints and mechanical drawings
- Ability to read measuring tools such as calipers and micrometers
- Ability to use basic shop mathematics
- Ability to lift and maneuver up to 70 lbs. over the course of a shift
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
High School or better.
1-3 years: TIG & Orbital welding experience
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
Dixon Valve & Coupling Company
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.