See all jobs in Houston TX
Job Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Full Time
DePelchin Childrens Center is an accredited foster care and adoption agency, serving the most vulnerable children and families in Texas and working to break the cycles of abuse and neglect. Find your future at DePelchin. Join our team of expert, dedicated professionals in making tomorrow brighter for children and families in Texas.
DePelchin has a unique opportunity for an individual who enjoys performing analytical work, working collaboratively with others and supporting others in the use of large databases. The Grant Evaluator position is responsible for operationalizing research and evaluation requirements of grants and contracts. These responsibilities include data management, outcome evaluation design and implementation, statistical analysis, and report writing. This position will also conduct process evaluation, assist in contracts management and reporting, and be responsible for the management of large, complex databases.
The successful candidate will:
- Possess a balance of technical and interpersonal skills
- Interact on a regular basis with direct care providers to ensure that grant expectations/commitments are met
- Assess program progress towards stated contract goals and objectives
- Be a professional who possesses strong teamwork skills
- Be comfortable training small groups of people and enjoys providing guidance and instruction to coworkers in a clear, concise manner
- Be able to work independently, analyzing data to ascertain reportable findings
- Be familiar with outcomes-based research, knowledge of program evaluation, psychometrics, descriptive and inferential statistics and non- parametric tests are a plus.
Bachelor degree in behavioral science, social science or a related field, Master`s degree preferred.
Grant project monitoring experience with a demonstrated ability to analyze data, implement process and outcome studies; grant writing, contract reports and renewal experience.
Work related experience with statistical analysis and relational/flat databases and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others.
Ability to create an Access database, defining relationships between data tables, and generate queries to run reports.
Experience using Excel, managing data in spreadsheets, creating pivot tables, and writing/using formulas.
Working knowledge of the scientific process and research protocols with a focus on social and behavioral sciences.
Competent writing skills, including the rules of punctuation, grammar, diction, and style.
Demonstrate creative problem-solving at all levels.
Understand programs and interventions used in social and mental health services.
Ability to multi-task and prioritize work in order to meet critical deadlines.
Knowledge of Statistical Package for the Social Science (SPSS) skills highly preferred.
Licenses & Certifications
How to Apply:
DePelchin Children's Center is an equal opportunity employer