See all jobs in Lynchburg VA
Job Location: Lynchburg, Virginia
Position: Field Service Tech 1 - OH
Location: Lynchburg, VA
Job Id: 253
# of Openings: 1
Field Service Tech 1 - OH
The job duties will include the assembly, vacuum oil fill, testing, and maintenance of transformers manufactured by Delta Star, Inc. and other OEM brands under the guidance our Lead and or Senior Field Service Technician. The primary work setting will be outdoors and will be accomplished during all climatic conditions. Tasks may require moderate to heavy amounts of physical effort and an understanding that electrical safety hazards may exist.
- Perform hands-on assembly, repairs, and maintenance to transformers and our service equipment under the guidance of the senior and or lead field service technicians. This would include mechanical and electrical connections on or inside the transformer.
- Proactively support the team during maintenance services so that all tasks are completed safely, timely, and with the upmost quality.
- Operate the oil processor and make standard transformer test connections under the guidance of our senior and or lead field service technicians.
- Assist other technicians with general equipment maintenance and restocking supplies.
- Review project itinerary, work scope, and drawings prior to arriving onsite for a clear understanding of the requirements.
- Maintain your bi-monthly timesheets and weekly expense reports for a timely submittal.
- Computer skills: Employee is capable of interfacing with MS Office, PDF, and email software. Employee is comfortable navigating Delta Star Sharepoint. Employee pays attention to detail when completing and submitting trip reports. Employee responds to emails, submits all test data, and submits trip reports in a neat and timely fashion.
- Travel: Employee shows willingness to travel to work locations in whatever way required for the job, is willing to work at assigned times for long/unexpected durations, shows willingness to work a full schedule, and is comfortable/safe working in less-than-desirable job site conditions(I.E. cold/hot/precipitation/live substations/unknown transformers, etc.)
- Behavioral Trends: Displays professionalism at any time when representing Field Service on the road at the site in the factory or at home base, can converse with customers, takes care of Field Service property vehicles tools equipment etc.
- Safety Conformance: Understands the current safety standards, Utilizes the correct safety equipment/PPE for each situation, Updates Safety Equipment/PPE as required
- Class A Drivers license (optional): Employee obtained and maintains a Class A drivers license in order to either transport small equipment, or has obtained air-brake endorsement for hauling larger equipment such as our oil processor trailers. Employee is eligible for a $2,500 salary increase upon obtaining a Class A license.
- Class A Driver Behavior (optional): Employee is a competent driver and is consistent with completing driver logs, maintains the physical appearance and the operational condition of the oil processor tractor & trailer. Employee is eligible for a $2,500 salary increase after 6 months of demonstrated safe driving with no violations or incidents of which he/she is at fault.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience working with energized electrical equipment is preferred
- Class A drivers license is preferred but a valid drivers license and DOT medical card is required
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must complete OSHA 30, OSHA 1910.269, and First Aid/CPR/AED training within the first 3 months of hire
- Must be computer literate and continually display professionalism.
- Must have a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and the desire to learn new skills.
Must be willing travel away from home, driving or flying, in up to 4 week intervals.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently walk; talk or hear; and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is required some of the time to stand, and sit. The employee is required to occasionally climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; reach with hands and arms. The employee must some of the time lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. There is no special vision requirement for this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Delta Star is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
How To Apply:
The secret to Delta Star's success comes from our valued employees. Each associate of Delta Star helps lead our success in the electrical industry by committing to quality and customer satisfaction. See why Delta Star has been the choice for power companies around the world for over 100 years. Come explore a Company whose commitment to quality, integrity, and customer satisfaction truly sets it apart. We're looking for talented people like you join our team.
Please apply on-line.
Delta Star Inc.