DIGITAL MEDIA COORDINATOR - 1120 Salary
$44,370.00 - $64,340.00 Annually
206 S. Main Street - Greenville, SC
COMMUNICATIONS & NEIGHBORHOOD RELATIONS
COMMUNICATIONS & NEIGHBORHOOD RELATIONS
12/4/2020 11:59 PM Eastern
- Job Description
Brief Description of the JobUnder the general direction of the Strategic Communications Administrator, assists in designing and implementing the City of Greenvilles digital communication strategy to include social media, website content, and internal communications. Exercises a moderate level of discretion in the interpretation and application of policies, standard operating procedures and rules to determine appropriate courses of action. Engages audiences through established channels and identifies emerging opportunities for communication and collaboration. Schedules, creates, edits, and maintains video, photo, graphic and written content to support the digital media, public information and outreach functions. Assists in updating and maintaining City website. Applies a significant degree of initiative and creative storytelling across all mediums.
- Job Duties
Manage Digital Media Platforms (60%): Manage digital media platforms for the City of Greenville (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn). Ensure the digital media presence is fully aligned with the Citys mission and vision, as well as, integrated with publicity efforts. Responsible for creating content, managing posts and engaging with followers. Respond to messages and comments in a timely manner and monitors customer reviews. Oversee digital media accounts design (e.g. cover photos, profile pictures, layout, website buttons). Assist in maintaining COG website to include updating pages, fixing functionality issues and coding site navigation.
Provide Analysis on Digital Media Performance and Engagement (15%): Research trends and advances in digital media. Make data-based recommendations on improving reach and engagement. Design and implement social media strategy to align with business goals. Set specific objectives and report results. Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness (e.g. promotions and competitions). Stay up to date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools, and applications. Maintain a solid knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO), keyword research, and web analytics (i.e. Google Analytics).
Manage Still and Video Photography (15%): Create, edit, and maintain video and photo content, to support the social media, public information and outreach functions. Ensure that video and photography content support stories and other media to promote the City, increase public awareness, and enhance community confidence and trust. Utilize photography and video to capture important functions, activities and ceremonies throughout the city. Assist department videographers as needed.
Support Communication Efforts (10%): Assist in determining appropriate communications strategies for the City. Provide editorial, design, and production ideas for digital media campaigns. Collaborate with other City departments who maintain social media accounts (e.g. Events & Cultural Affairs, Parks & Recreation, Greenville Zoo and Police) to ensure brand consistency.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Formal Education: Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Graphic Design, Media Studies or a related field is required.
Experience: Over two years of professional experience in developing integrated digital media communications strategies and content for social media channels is required. Documented experience in web design, photography and video production is preferred.
Drivers License Required: South Carolina Class D license.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) and proficiency in managing content.
- Best practices in public engagement through digital mediums.
- Search engine optimization, keyword research, and web analytic tools.
- General photography and videography production and editing methods.
- Stay abreast of trends in digital media.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with City departments, general public, and key stakeholders.
- Apply principles of written communication, graphical layout, and multimedia techniques appropriate to social media communication, ensuring that work products are clear, usable and effectively convey the intended messages and information.
- Work independently, exercising effective judgment and professional thinking.
- Prioritize workload and manage time efficiently, meet deadlines and complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Successfully complete time-sensitive and/or high-profile projects through collaboration, consensus and creativity.
- Operate video and audio-visual equipment and camera.
- Operate general office equipment to include scanner, printer, copier, telephone, and computer with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Utilize specialized software and systems to include DreamWeaver, Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), intranet systems, and web-based analytics (e.g. Google analytics).
Primary Work Location: Office environment and occasional outside work.
Environmental/Health and Safety Factors: Occasional exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions and/or hazards.
Physical Demands: Continuously requires vision, hearing, talking, and fine dexterity. Frequently requires sitting, and standing. Occasionally requires pushing/pulling, reaching, handling, walking, and carrying. Light strength demands include frequently lifting up to 10 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 20 pounds, and rarely lifting 20-50 pounds.
Mental Demands: Frequently requires time pressures, frequent change of tasks, tedious or exacting work, and working with others as part of a team. Occasionally requires performing multiple tasks simultaneously, emergency situations, and irregular schedule.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
How To Apply:
Please fill out our Online Application by clicking the Apply button below:
Our office hours are 8:00 am-5:00 pm Monday - Friday.
The City of Greenville will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified individuals. The City of Greenville does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, disability status or age in employment or provision of services.