Web ID: W6757
Compensation: $70,000 to $80,000
Education: Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
Benefits: Comprehensive Benefits Package
Well established company in Wichita Kansas is looking to hire an Assistant Controller to oversee the accounting department.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure the timely and accurate reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Identify and act on cost saving opportunities.
- Assist with pricing product and negotiating product cost with factories.
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of licensor royalty reports and forecasts.
- Collaborates with the other team members to support overall Company goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Responds to inquiries from Company leaders regarding financial results, and special reporting requests.
- Work with external CPA firm to ensure timely tax preparation and filing.
- Assist in development and implementation of accounting procedures and controls to enhance the overall control environment.
- Provide training/coaching to new and existing staff as needed.
- Work with direct reports to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Support the Chief Financial Officer with special projects.
- Three years prior supervisory experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area.
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -paced setting with strong experience/skill level in Microsoft Excel.
- Process orientation with a focus on quality and efficiency.
- Proficient in ERP querying and report writing.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient in evaluating and implementing accounting and business controls.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate across all levels.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
How To Apply:
Please apply online
Specialists Group LLC, The
100 N. Broadway, Suite 200
Wichita, KS 67202