PAY RANGE: $19 - $26 per hour
Base pay is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicants.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on December 20, 2017.
LOCATION: Denver, CO
Assist in the effective safe operations, control and throughput of the company pipeline system based upon daily plans, daily forecasts, maintenance schedules, nominations, current and ever changing conditions, to ensure maximization of capacity, horsepower and overall pipeline design. Assist in the accuracy of the daily plans, forecasts, continuous monitoring of load/demands and operational anomalies to ensure safe and reliable service to all customers as well as other On System and Off System assets. Works with direct oversight from more senior gas control personnel, supervisor and or manager.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Gas Control Supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Accurately prepare and distribute the daily operating plans based upon GasDay models and historical planning for the pipeline systems; provide a consistent guide to configuring the systems based upon these plans and models as necessary to achieve planned activity, and account for forecasting and demand needs.
- Participate in daily operational and supply meetings as needed to ensure operational integrity of the pipeline systems are not jeopardized.
- Comply with Company and industry standards, Company policy and procedures and established codes and standards.
- Configure the pipeline systems in a manner which ensures the receipt and delivery of confirmed nominations with Transportation, Gas Supply, Storage Services Field Operations, and third party point operators based upon learning the configuration, layout, geography, limits and limitations of the pipelines operated by the company.
- Handle emergency situations and operational changes that develop on the pipeline to ensure action is taken, proper notification and documentation, needed responses and follow up are enacted in a timely and efficient manner.
- Develop a strong familiarity with the geography of the pipeline systems.
- Provide a leading role during emergency situations in pipeline system control, operations and distribution situations bases upon the critical response plans, emergency response lines and any and all emergency situations that might arise. Decisions made can and will directly impact the Company.
- Must satisfactorily complete all internal training, testing and OQ requirements as specified by policy and procedure as well as the Department Manager.
- Regularly use spreadsheets, databases and word processing software, and periodically learn new programs.
- Assist in the input and upkeep of the maintenance database, gas control log, valve position database and other databases.
- Comply with control room management standards and fatigue management standards as approved by the company.
- Other duties as required.
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with other team members, other departments, management and third party companies.
- Regularly interact with field operations personnel.
- Regularly interact with gas supply personnel.
- One or more years of natural gas and/or field operations working experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associates degree (any discipline), or equivalent, is preferred.
- Requires a good knowledge and understanding of technical and business logic in multiple disciplines and processes.
- Strong working knowledge with pipeline systems and operations.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, public safety, for the safety of company assets and employees.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access) for the purposes of word processing, spreadsheet applications, and information retrieval.
- Ability to work as a team member, take direction from supervisor(s) and business units outside of pipeline system control, focus attention on details, follow work rules, and adhere to strict and demanding work schedules.
- Ability to successfully perform multiple tasks with strict deadlines.
- Ability to perform the required and expected duties with little or no direct supervision.
- Strong ability to organize. Schedule and prioritize departmental and individual work to meet various schedules and objectives.
- Develops integrated solutions to resolve complex technical and business issues.
- Maintain a dependable attendance and a consistently high level of performance.
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
How To Apply:
Please apply on-line below:
Black Hills Corporation
We are committed to our mission to Improve Life with Energy in the work we do, in our community involvement and in the careers of our team members. No matter the role you play you will find a connection in your work at BHC to something bigger...challenges that stretch your skills, serving customers and the larger community, and being a part of the industry that makes everything else possible.