CLOSING DATE: This position will close on December 20, 2017.
LOCATION: Pueblo, CO
Support and assist with various projects as assigned within the Company’s Transmission Planning Department. These projects will be assigned consistent with the Company’s Internship Program with an emphasis on developing an understanding of the Company’s multiple business units and enhancing the intern’s ability to apply his/her engineering education in a professional environment.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Manager, Transmission & Distribution Planning
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Project assignments may include:
- Reconcile electric system model database with equipment design and operating data.
- Includes line impedance, protection system, voltage and reactive power control data.
- Assist with transmission system modeling and planning studies and associated documentation.
- Automation of planning tasks using Python scripting and/or Visual Basic.
- Additional projects may be assigned as needed.
- Maintain strong working relationships within the Transmission Services and Engineering Services Departments.
- Maintain supportive and respectful working relationships with all Black Hills Corporation employees and departments.
- None required.
- Experience with scripting or programming tools preferred.
- College sophomore or above working toward Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, preferably with a Power or Control Systems emphasis.
- Basic knowledge of electrical engineering principles
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prepare and give presentations
- Detail oriented and organized
- Ability to perform work efficiently, learning to monitor effort in accordance with deadlines
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Employ standard engineering methods and practices in performing work
- Participation in the Company’s Industry Orientation Experiences, which will include some travel and overnight stays.
- Prepare and present a synopsis of experience with the Company at the end of the internship.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
How To Apply:
Please apply on-line below:
Black Hills Corporation
We are committed to our mission to Improve Life with Energy in the work we do, in our community involvement and in the careers of our team members. No matter the role you play you will find a connection in your work at BHC to something bigger...challenges that stretch your skills, serving customers and the larger community, and being a part of the industry that makes everything else possible.