PAY RANGE: $17 - $23 per hour
Base pay is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on December 7, 2017.
LOCATION: Castle Rock, CO
Accurately read and record gas meter readings following an established schedule.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Field Operations Supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Report apparent irregularities in metering or in gas use.
- Report gas leaks on service lines, broken meters and service seals which are observed in the course of work.
- Promote safety in all phases of the operations.
- Perform leak detection.
- Promote the Company service plans.
- Provide requested after hours (on-call) services as required.
- Provide operational support to install, remove and replace gas meters, complete meter routines and turn-on and shut-off activities as needed.
- Contact customers concerning collection on delinquent accounts as needed.
- Perform other assigned tasks as required.
- Develop and maintain favorable public relations with the consumer and promote company image.
- Previous meter reading experience is beneficial.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Familiarity of Black Hills service territory and the surrounding area.
- Ability to accurately read meters and enter reads on keyboard.
- Good customer relation skills.
- Ability to be flexible and work where needed.
- Computer skills desirable.
- Excellent team and interpersonal skills required.
- May receive company training in gas operations or appliance repair.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Must live within 30 min from the base service center.
Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.
- Can meet the physical demands of standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, balancing, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing, tasting/smelling, near and far acuity, depth perception, color vision and field of vision.
- Lifting - Occasionally 35+ lbs.; Occasionally 40 lbs. and occasionally side lifting.
- Lifting tools, equipment and appliances floor to waist, overhead, waist to shoulder and horizontal.
- Prolonged loaded and unloaded forward flexion, extension, lateral flexion and rotation of the neck and spine are required.
- Reaching – occasionally above and below shoulder height.
- Ability to navigate uneven terrain, in all types of weather, to and from vehicle to site.
- Must be adaptable to extreme temperature climates inside and outside.
- Ability to manipulate and grasp hand tools while in a repetitive motion.
- Ability to operate equipment.
- Ability to be fitted for a use of respirator.
- Walking in all terrains, in all types of weather up to 5 miles per day.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
How To Apply:
Please apply on-line below:
Black Hills Corporation
We are committed to our mission to Improve Life with Energy in the work we do, in our community involvement and in the careers of our team members. No matter the role you play you will find a connection in your work at BHC to something bigger...challenges that stretch your skills, serving customers and the larger community, and being a part of the industry that makes everything else possible.