PAY RANGE: $19 - $26 per hour
Base pay is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on December 14, 2017.
LOCATION: Fayetteville, AR
The GIS Technician's responsibilities include gas distribution as-built interpretation, as-built posting to GIS,maintenance of the GIS database, mobile data collection support, communication with field operations and engineers, map production, occasional CAD work, and other miscellaneous projects as directed by the Manager of GIS Support.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Manager of GIS Support
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain the Esri Gas GIS database as well as quality check the data for inaccuracies.
- Interpret gas distribution as-built drawings and post to GIS.
- Understand Gas GIS operations and engineering processes as well as the gas assets and their functions.
- Support the Digital As-built program. This means managing and support the system as well as training and support its usage in the field.Produce maps as required for Operations and Maintenance activities, system analysis, marketing, growth projects, etc.
- Effectively communicate with staff at all levels regarding GIS.
- Check accuracy of mapping system via field verification.
- Diagnose software/hardware compatibility issues related to GISproducts.
- Utilize Esri tools such as ArcGIS (ArcMap & Pro) Desktop and Esri Portal in order to perform above job functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain supportive and respectful working relationships within the GIS department and with all Black Hills Corporation employees.
- Maintain professional relationships with vendors and contractors.
- Maintain supportive and respectful working relationships with dispatchers, Operation Technicians, Service Technicians, Construction Service Representatives and Customer Information System technicians.
- One year of experience using Esri Desktop and Server/Portal based software.
- Experience updating and maintaining a gas utility GIS preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in geography or geographic information systems, CAD, Utility Engineering or computer science preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Esri GIS systems and principles.
- Basic knowledge of relational database management (RDBMS) concepts.
- Basic knowledge of gas distribution systems.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; ability to prepare and give presentations and trainings.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in computer applications including Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Outlook and various specialized software.
- Ability to think and act independently and develop creative, analytical solutions to resolve complex problems.
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
How To Apply:
Please apply on-line below:
Black Hills Corporation
We are committed to our mission to Improve Life with Energy in the work we do, in our community involvement and in the careers of our team members. No matter the role you play you will find a connection in your work at BHC to something bigger...challenges that stretch your skills, serving customers and the larger community, and being a part of the industry that makes everything else possible.