SALARY RANGE: $49,500 - $64,380
Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on December 20, 2017.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Supports projects, analysis and research that support regulatory reports and compliance filings for Natural Gas and Electric Utility Companies across Black Hills Corporation. Prepares and files monthly and quarterly informational reports with various state and federal regulatory agencies. Assists in presenting information for internal decision-making and filings with the appropriate Commissions and/or regulatory body. Maintain control log of currently effective utility tariffs in each utility jurisdiction.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Director, Regulatory Services
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Obtain, analyze and interpret Company financial and statistical data to be used in regulatory reports, filings and studies.
- Develop and maintain written documentation of procedures for completing regulatory reports including management review.
- Monitor filing due dates and plan resources to meet all deadlines accurately and on time.
- Update and maintain currently effective utility tariffs, rules and regulations and tariff control log for each utility jurisdiction
- Prepare annual performance plan consistent with job expectations.
- Support complex data analysis to inform decision making, design and file financial models for concurrent cost recovery riders and adjustments clauses.
- Monitor, review and analyze federal and state regulatory requirements and industry issues for electric and gas operations and keep department leadership apprised of findings.
- Maintain department filing system in conjunction with corporate retention policies.
- Keep supervisor informed of project work status.
- Assist various internal task force groups in order to develop and implement the Company's strategic action plans.
- Assist in the development of rate strategies and rate design that will optimize company profitability.
- Assist in the development of communication plans to inform customers of changes in services and rates and assist in responding to customer complaints to the commissions.
- Maintain professional working relationships with all employees, regulators, commission staff, business associates, consultants and customers.
- One to three years of utility rate application experience and regulatory process related background preferred.
- One to three years of accounting or finance related experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as Business, Accounting or Finance, Engineering or equivalent experience required.
- Master’s degree a plus.
- Understanding of the utility regulatory process and rate analysis for both gas and electric utility service.
- Knowledge of accounting and financial concepts.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Effective collaboration skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent user capabilities with MS Office software (proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Experience working with database and collaborative software tools (Workiva, FileNet, Sharepoint, etc.)
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, and the ability to perform complex analysis.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work; demonstrated ability in developing and maintaining project schedules.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects in a fluid work environment; accurately perform required tasks and meet deadlines while paying close attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and to work independently as well as with a team.
- Ability to interpret, analyze and enhance rate tariffs and schedules.
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
How To Apply:
Please apply on-line below:
Black Hills Corporation
We are committed to our mission to Improve Life with Energy in the work we do, in our community involvement and in the careers of our team members. No matter the role you play you will find a connection in your work at BHC to something bigger...challenges that stretch your skills, serving customers and the larger community, and being a part of the industry that makes everything else possible.