CLOSING DATE: This position will close on December 17, 2017.
LOCATION: Fayetteville, AR
Support and assist various projects as assigned within the Company’s Engineering and Project Management Department. These projects will be assigned consistent with the Company’s Internship Program with an emphasis on developing an understanding of the Company’s multiple business units and enhancing the intern’s ability to apply his/her education in a business environment.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Manager, Engineering & Project Management
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops engineering skillsets including analyzing, planning, designing, and optimizing as applied to the company's existing and future gas processing, storage, transmission and distribution systems.
- Develops technical and engineering expertise, in the support and strategic guidance associated with the safety, reliability, expansion and operation of the company’s assets.
- Develops skillsets in the optimization of storage schemes, computer based models and/or simulations, and performing inventory analysis, as per guidance from senior engineering mentors who interpret all necessary federal, state, and local guidelines.
- Develops skillsets in the application of engineering and project management solutions for corporate and operations business units.
- Develops familiarity with safety and compliance standards, budgetary parameters, established scopes and associated timelines.
- Develops project management skills to complete projects effectively and efficiently.
- Develops ability to manage and track capital budgets for Engineering and Project Management functions.
- Develops and aligns with a commitment to maintain a high regard for personal safety and for the safety of company assets and employees.
- Develops pipeline industry knowledge through interaction with senior engineering mentors.
- May be required to work non-traditional hours as needed.
- Other daily, weekly and monthly duties as assigned.
- The incumbent may be required to travel to a geographic area within the Black Hills operating assets service area or support vendor facilities
- Maintain strong working relationships within the Engineering and Project Management Department.
- Maintain supportive and respectful working relationships with all Black Hills Corporation employees and departments.
- College junior or above working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prepare and give presentations.
- Attention to detail required.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate with employees and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of business, employee and applicant information.
- Participation in the Company’s Industry Orientation Experiences, which will include some travel and overnight stays.
- Prepare and present a synopsis of experience with the Company at the end of the internship.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
How To Apply:
Please apply on-line below:
Black Hills Corporation
We are committed to our mission to Improve Life with Energy in the work we do, in our community involvement and in the careers of our team members. No matter the role you play you will find a connection in your work at BHC to something bigger...challenges that stretch your skills, serving customers and the larger community, and being a part of the industry that makes everything else possible.