CLOSING DATE: This position will close on November 19, 2017.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Support and assist various projects as assigned within the Company’s Internal Audit Department. These projects will be assigned consistent with the Company’s Internship Program with an emphasis on developing an understanding of the Company’s multiple business units and enhancing the intern’s ability to apply his/her education in a business environment.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Internal Audit Project Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Understand and document business processes, risks and controls with assistance and oversight.
- Execute efficient and effective methods to test controls, including data analysis, evaluation of transactions, and observation of processes with assistance and oversight.
- Document audit results in audit work papers that are comprehensive, clear, concise and organized with oversight and in accordance with audit manual. Respond to review comments in a timely manner.
- Collaborate and share knowledge and ideas for improving efficiency of duties with co-workers.
- Comply with and perform duties within Company policies and procedures.
- Perform assigned duties in a professional manner to facilitate the objectives and goals of the Company and to enhance the image of the Internal Audit Department.
- Keep Manager informed on the status of work.
- Support and assist the Director Internal Audit and other staff in meeting deadlines and goals.
- Develop and maintain strong respectful working relationships with company employees to facilitate the objective of the Internal Audit Department and to enhance the image of the Governance Department of the Company.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
- Maintain strong working relationships within Internal Audit Department.
- Maintain supportive and respectful working relationships with all Black Hills Corporation employees and departments.
- Maintain supportive and respectful working relationship with External Auditors.
- College junior or above working toward a bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Accounting, Finance, Computer Information Systems, or Engineering.
- Basic knowledge of business and accounting procedures and methods.
- Basic knowledge of internal control principles.
- Ability to perform accounting and business duties of basic to average difficulty.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with employees and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Attention to detail required.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment to accomplish shared objectives and goals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion with business, employee and sensitive information.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm on the job and a willingness to accept job responsibilities and new assignments.
- Must be flexible to changes in assignments to assist the department in accomplishing shared objectives and goals.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
How To Apply:
Please apply on-line below:
Black Hills Corporation
We are committed to our mission to Improve Life with Energy in the work we do, in our community involvement and in the careers of our team members. No matter the role you play you will find a connection in your work at BHC to something bigger...challenges that stretch your skills, serving customers and the larger community, and being a part of the industry that makes everything else possible.