CLOSING DATE: This position will close on October 20, 2017.
LOCATION: Papillion, NE
Support and assist with various projects as assigned within the Company’s Continuous Improvement Department. These projects will be assigned consistent with the Company’s Internship Program with an emphasis on developing an understanding of the Company’s multiple business units and enhancing the intern’s ability to apply his/her education in a business environment.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Continuous Improvement Senior Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in compilation of data for continuous improvement projects.
- Organize, schedule and help with meetings and presentations.
- Assist in the use of analytical tools to create value and customer service.
- Application of quantitative and statistical techniques to identify process problems and help teams arrive at solutions
- Analyze large volumes of data to arrive at insights that can be used for process improvements
- Assist in the implementation of new / improved business processes by modeling statistical process control measures
- Interact with internal client group to facilitate projects and develop strong working relationships.
- Collaborate with others in the organization to ensure effective modeling, and presentation of solution recommendations
- Support operations analysis efforts in the Natural Gas utilities, including report development, scorecard and dashboard prototyping, and metric modeling.
- Maintain electronic database of projects.
- Perform a variety of administrative duties.
- Maintain strong working relationships within the Natural Gas utilities and all support departments (Utility Business Development, Engineering, and Gas Asset Optimization).
- Maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders of process analysis and improvement (Operations Analysts, Continuous Improvement in Electric Utilities and Customer Services, Special Projects Managers, Finance, IT/System Owners).
- Maintain supportive and respectful working relationships with all Black Hills Corporation employees and departments.
- College sophomore or above working toward Bachelor’s degree in Operations Research, Business Analytics, Data Science, Statistics, or Applied Mathematics required .
- Analytical methods
- Basic knowledge of a programming language
- General accounting, finance, business and/or process improvement knowledge is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prepare and give presentations.
- Attention to detail required.
- Exceptional math skills in statistics and calculus
- Excellent problem solver
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate with employees and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of business, employee and applicant information.
- Participation in the Company’s Industry Orientation Experiences, which will include some travel.
- Prepare and present a synopsis of experience with the Company at the end of the internship.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
How To Apply:
Please apply on-line below:
Black Hills Corporation
We are committed to our mission to Improve Life with Energy in the work we do, in our community involvement and in the careers of our team members. No matter the role you play you will find a connection in your work at BHC to something bigger...challenges that stretch your skills, serving customers and the larger community, and being a part of the industry that makes everything else possible.