CLOSING DATE: This position will close on October 16, 2017.
DISTRICT OFFICE: Newton, IA
WORK LOCATION: Start work from a company assigned vehicle
CALL OUT AREA: 10 - Granger
To provide complete customer service activities relative to sale, installation, repair and service of HVAC equipment in addition to a broad range of gas and electric appliances. Promote a positive Company image by residing and taking active part in events in the local community as designated by the Company. Also maintain Natural Gas Distribution system to provide safe, reliable, energy to both residential and commercial/industrial customers.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Operations Supervisor, Field
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT: Must reside within the city limits of Madrid, IA
- Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Subject to after hours on-call status during weekday, weekends, and holidays.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Install and repair HVAC equipment plus both gas and electric appliances for residential and commercial customers. Visually examines appliances for defects, performs diagnostic tests applying mechanical, electrical and gas theory or principles to determine cause of malfunction; repairs, adjusts or replaces components.
- Promote customer acceptance of non-regulated company programs such as Service Guard products and services.
- Resolve unusual service problems and customer complaints, providing cost estimates and recommendations on complex or uncommon malfunctions of customer owned appliances.
- Promote the image of the Company within the local community by participating in local community government, civic events and in local service clubs as designated by the Company.
- Locate gas services and mains for construction projects.
- Performs leak detection and cathodic protection activities and installs domestic, commercial and industrial meters and pressure regulating equipment.
- When required, read customer meters on a scheduled basis, contact customers concerning collection of delinquent accounts and perform gas meter turn on and shut off activities in accordance with company policy.
- Provide requested after hours (on call) services as required.
- Respond to all emergency requests, i.e.: reported gas leaks, suspected carbon monoxide, simulations, outages, etc., in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Install, remove and replace gas meters, perform line locates, leak survey repairs, turn-on and turn-off activities according to company policies and read meters as required.
- Attend safety meetings and other employee training as assigned.
- May participate in community relations activities.
- Perform other duties, which are similar, related or incidental to this position and may work as directed, in other activities that require skills of a higher classification if qualified, as per Article 15 Section 3.
- Three to five years appliance repair and/or HVAC installation & service or related experience.
- Experience/skills in gas and electric appliance repair.
- HVAC degree desirable.
- Formal Appliance repair or electric wiring diagram courses helpful.
- Knowledge of principles of natural gas.
- Basic electricity knowledge.
- Ability to read and understand wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Mechanical skills.
- Strong HVAC repair skills.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Ability to use electronic instruments for the diagnosis of complicated appliance repair problems.
- Creative thinking on own with little supervision.
- Decision-making skills related to safe operation of natural gas distribution system.
- Strong customer relations skills related to maintain customer on our service program and to sell new products and services as they become available.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license. Position assignment may require CDL and/or Hazmat endorsement.
You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
How To Apply:
Please apply on-line below:
Black Hills Corporation
We are committed to our mission to Improve Life with Energy in the work we do, in our community involvement and in the careers of our team members. No matter the role you play you will find a connection in your work at BHC to something bigger...challenges that stretch your skills, serving customers and the larger community, and being a part of the industry that makes everything else possible.