CLOSING DATE: This position will close on September 24, 2017.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Support and assist various projects as assigned within the Company’s Finance and Accounting Department. These projects will be assigned consistent with the Company’s Internship Program with an emphasis on developing an understanding of the Company’s multiple business units and enhancing the intern’s ability to apply their accounting and finance education in a business environment.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Various Finance and Accounting Management as designated by the Vice President - Corporate Controller
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Comply with and perform duties within Company policies and procedures.
- Perform assigned duties in a professional manner to facilitate the objectives and goals of the Company and to enhance the image of the Finance and Accounting Department.
- Provide support to other departments as scheduled by the Vice President - Corporate Controller.
- Assist all levels of management and staff in interpreting the information you produce.
- Prepare reports for other areas of the Finance and Accounting Department or other departments. Ensure that information is accurate and presented in a useful and understandable manner. Respond to requests in a timely manner.
- Post accounting documents in manual and computerized records involving receipts, invoices, requisitions, vouchers, expense reports, etc.
- Assist with journal entries, monthly status reports and closings.
- Sort Finance and Accounting department and other company documents in filing sequence order and file accordingly.
- Maintain a system for keeping project files in an orderly and accurate manner.
- Provide routine information to employees and other departments as requested. Respond to inquiries as promptly as possible.
- Keep Vice President - Corporate Controller informed on the status of work.
- Present ideas for improving efficiency of duties to Vice President - Corporate Controller.
- Support and assist the Vice President - Corporate Controller and other staff in meeting deadlines and goals.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned, including those required to support subsidiary accounting processes and other Finance and Accounting Department activities including those for the property and tax accounting functions, risk and treasury activities and internal audit functions.
- Maintain strong working relationships within the Finance and Accounting Department.
- Maintain supportive and respectful working relationships with all Black Hills Corporation employees and departments.
- College junior or above working toward a Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance.
- Basic knowledge of business and accounting procedures and methods.
- Basic knowledge of automated accounting and spreadsheet software.
- Ability to perform accounting duties of basic to average difficulty.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prepare and give presentations.
- Attention to detail required.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Participation in the Company’s Industry Orientation Experiences, which will include some travel and overnight stays.
- Prepare and present a synopsis of experience with the Company at the end of the internship.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
How To Apply:
Please apply on-line below:
Black Hills Corporation
We are committed to our mission to Improve Life with Energy in the work we do, in our community involvement and in the careers of our team members. No matter the role you play you will find a connection in your work at BHC to something bigger...challenges that stretch your skills, serving customers and the larger community, and being a part of the industry that makes everything else possible.