CLOSING DATE: This position will close on August 24, 2017.
LOCATION: Cheyenne, WY
Provide new overhead and underground electric service to customers. Perform work in construction and maintenance of overhead and underground primary and secondary lines.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Electric Operations Supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Install and connect overhead and underground services and transformers.
- Erect and set poles, pull wire, and connect transformers; troubleshoot issues related to these operations.
- Perform hot work (up to and including 25 KV).
- Install, maintain and remove overhead and underground distribution facilities.
- Performs switching for District and System Control.
- Check customer’s voltage/sets, monitors, and reads recording volt meters when necessary.
- Locates and repairs underground cable faults.
- Run primary and secondary spans and repair primary and secondary lines.
- Open and close cutout door to energize or de-energize lines and transformers.
- Complete service orders to set and remove meters.
- Collections and reconnects/cut offs for non-pay
- Trim Trees
- Investigate "Lights Out"
- Vehicle maintenance
- Repair and install PAL lighting
- Maximeter lines and transformers
- PCB tests/clean up
- Substation operations - reads 230 KV subs and makes out reports/inspects and reports targets on all subs, re-sets alarms, sync lines, etc.
- Completed a qualified four (4) year apprenticeship program or equivalent.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Black Hills Energy Electric Distribution System and Company property, lines, safety practices and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical standards for construction of the electrical system, methods and materials.
- Familiarity with tests voltage for all distribution transformer configurations.
- Locate underground cable.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Wyoming CDL Class A, with air brake endorsement or have the ability to obtain one within the first 90 days of employment.
- Must live within 30 miles and 30 minutes of the Cheyenne Service Center.
You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Physical ability to lift 50lbs and move object.
- Be a proficient pole climber.
- Sitting, standing, walking, climbing, kneeling, crawling and squatting to access tasks.
- Ability to forward bend, overhead reach and complete elevated work to steady poles, use equipment and access tasks.
- Rotational sitting and standing to access work.
- Ability to twist while standing and kneeling to access task.
- Gripping and pulling with both hands up to 120lbs of force.
- Hand-eye coordination, lifting, one arm carry, overhead lifting and reaching, repetitive wrist twisting motion.
- Must have acute vision with or without correction. Ambulate varying terrains, surfaces and elevations and work with color codes.
- Ability to pull downward, horizontal, overhead reach and downward vertical.
- Upper extremity coordination to prepare materials for installs.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
How To Apply:
Please apply on-line below:
Black Hills Corporation
We are committed to our mission to Improve Life with Energy in the work we do, in our community involvement and in the careers of our team members. No matter the role you play you will find a connection in your work at BHC to something bigger...challenges that stretch your skills, serving customers and the larger community, and being a part of the industry that makes everything else possible.