PAY RANGE: $22 - $28 per hour
Base pay is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on May 25, 2017.
LOCATION: Dodge City, KS
Safely install, repair, and service domestic appliances as covered by company repair plans. Work on homes furnaces and HVAC systems.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Operations Supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Install, repair, and service domestic appliances covered under company appliance repair program.
- Promote safety in all phases of company operations.
- Promote division profitability through increased sales of non-regulated programs.
- Provide proactive assistance in the resolution of customer complaints.
- Perform general customer service activity including, but not limited to, turn-ons and turn-offs, replace meters, collect unpaid bills, investigate calls regarding gas leaks and carbon monoxide presence, etc.
- Perform on-call duties after hours.
- Perform meter reading.
- Perform some operations activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain positive contact with customers.
- Maintain positive relations with business unit personnel.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills essential.
- Safe work record and demonstration of a strong work ethic.
- HVAC License preferred by not required.
- Mech IV License preferred.
- Must be willing to work assigned shift, on call, holidays and overtime.
- A valid driver's license with a safe driving record is required.
- Must live within 20 miles of the Dodge City limits.
You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Can meet the physical demands of standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, balancing, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing, tasting/smelling, near and far acuity, depth perception, color vision and field of vision.
- Lifting - Continually under 15 lbs.; Frequently 15-30 lbs.; Occasionally 30+ lbs.; Carrying - Continually under 15 lbs.; Frequently 15-30 lbs.; Occasionally 30+ lbs; Occasionally side lifting.
- Lifting tools, equipment and appliances floor to waist, overhead, waist to shoulder.
- Prolonged loaded and unloaded forward flexion, extension, lateral flexion and rotation of the neck and spine are required.
- Reaching –Above or below shoulder height.
- At times required to work on roof of buildings, climb ladders/stairs, crawl spaces, and attics. Ability to navigate uneven surfaces that may have clutter and debris.
- Must be adaptable to extreme temperature climates inside and outside.
- Ability to manipulate and grasp hand tools while in a repetitive motion.
- Ability to operate equipment.
- Ability to be fitted for a use of respirator.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
How To Apply:
Please apply on-line below:
Black Hills Corporation
We are committed to our mission to Improve Life with Energy in the work we do, in our community involvement and in the careers of our team members. No matter the role you play you will find a connection in your work at BHC to something bigger...challenges that stretch your skills, serving customers and the larger community, and being a part of the industry that makes everything else possible.