CLOSING DATE: This position will close on May 29, 2017.
DISTRICT OFFICE: Council Bluffs, IA
WORK LOCATION: Start work from a company assigned vehicle
CALL OUT AREA: 7 - Council Bluffs
To provide complete customer service activities relative to sale, installation, repair and service of HVAC equipment in addition to a broad range of gas and electric appliances. Also maintain Natural Gas Distribution system to provide safe, reliable, energy to both residential and commercial/industrial customers.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Operations Supervisor
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT: Must reside within 20 miles of Council Bluffs, IA.
- Monday – Friday, 10:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. Working hours during the training period may flex to 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Subject to after hours on-call status during weekday, weekends, and holidays.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Installs and repairs HVAC equipment plus both gas and electric appliances for residential and commercial customers. Visually examines appliances for defects, performs diagnostic tests applying mechanical, electrical and gas theory or principles to determine cause of malfunction; repair, adjust or replace components.
- Promotes customer acceptance of non-regulated company programs such as Service Guard products and services. Resolves unusual service problems and customer complaints, providing cost estimates and recommendations on complex or uncommon malfunctions of customer owned appliances.
- Locates gas services and mains for construction projects. Performs leak detection and cathodic protection activities and installs domestic, commercial and industrial meters and pressure regulating equipment.
- When required, reads customer meters on a scheduled basis, contacts customers concerning collection of delinquent accounts and performs gas meter turn on and shut off activities in accordance with company policy.
- Provides requested after hours (on call) services as required. Responds to all emergency requests, i.e.: reported gas leaks, suspected carbon monoxide, simulations, outages, etc., in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Installs, removes and replaces gas meters, performs line locates, leak survey repairs, turn-on and turn-off activities according to company policies and reads meters as required.
- Attend safety meetings and other employee training as assigned.
- May participate in community relations activities.
- Performs other duties, which are similar, related or incidental to this position and may work as directed, in other activities that require skills of a higher classification if qualified, as per Article 15 Section 3.
- Three to five years appliance repair and/or HVAC installation & service or related experience is recommended.
- Experience/skills in gas and electric appliance repair is recommended.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- HVAC degree desirable.
- Formal Appliance repair or electric wiring diagram courses helpful.
- Knowledge of principles of natural gas.
- Ability to read and understand wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Basic electricity knowledge.
- Mechanical skills.
- Strong HVAC repair skills.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Ability to use electronic instruments for the diagnosis of complicated appliance repair problems.
- Creative thinking on own with little supervision.
- Decision-making skills related to safe operation of natural gas distribution system.
- Strong customer relations skills related to maintain customer on our service program and to sell new products and services as they become available.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license. Position assignment may require CDL and/or Hazmat endorsement.
You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
How To Apply:
Please apply on-line below:
Black Hills Corporation
We are committed to our mission to Improve Life with Energy in the work we do, in our community involvement and in the careers of our team members. No matter the role you play you will find a connection in your work at BHC to something bigger...challenges that stretch your skills, serving customers and the larger community, and being a part of the industry that makes everything else possible.