PAY RANGE: $15 - $20 per hour.
Base pay is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on May 25, 2017.
LOCATION: Fayetteville, AR
Responsible to safely read assigned routes using the ITRON equipment or similar meter reading devices, in an accurate, efficient and timely manner. By following the prescribed procedures, customers will receive accurate and timely bills and have a positive image of company, problems discovered in the field can be more quickly remedied, and our billing system will mirror the read and conditions found in the field.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Gas Operations Supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform accurate, safe, and timely meter reading. Enter readings into ITRON or similar meter reading device; be alert for abnormal conditions and report and/or document as necessary.
- Keep routes in good sequential order, updating location codes, key information, etc. Be aware of efficiencies to be gained and making necessary changes.
- Complete surveys such as corrosion on an annual basis, entering conditions into ITRON or similar meter reading devices.
- Attend safety meetings and other employee training as required.
- Provide good customer service, answer questions or refer them to appropriate personnel.
- Person is responsible to care for equipment and vehicles in a cost-effective manner.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain positive contact with customers.
- Maintain positive relations with business unit personnel.
- Customer service experience preferred but not required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic knowledge of how meter reading relates to customer billing.
- Good customer relations skills.
- Ability to learn new processes and procedures quickly.
- Able to work without direct supervision. Self-motivated.
- Able to prioritize work.
- Flexible, team oriented, and self-directed.
- Must be able to problem solve in the field to resolve situation as they arise.
- Effective time management.
- Basic skills in an analytical or scientific method or operational process.
You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Live within 30 minutes of business office.
- Can meet the physical demands of standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, balancing, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing, tasting/smelling, near and far acuity, depth perception, color vision and field of vision.
- Carrying - Occasionally 35+ lbs. a distance of 50 ft. up to 100ft.; Occasionally side lifting of 30+ lbs. for 2 ft.; Rarely 35+ lbs. for 50 feet.
- Lifting tools, equipment floor to waist, overhead, and waist to shoulder.
- Prolonged loaded and unloaded forward flexion, extension, lateral flexion and rotation of the neck and spine are required.
- Reaching – Rarely above shoulder
- Ability to navigate on uneven and slippery surfaces, for up to 440 yards.
- Must be adaptable to extreme temperatures outside.
- Ability to manipulate and grasp hand tools while in a repetitive motion.
- Ability to operate equipment.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
How To Apply:
Please apply on-line below:
Black Hills Corporation
We are committed to our mission to Improve Life with Energy in the work we do, in our community involvement and in the careers of our team members. No matter the role you play you will find a connection in your work at BHC to something bigger...challenges that stretch your skills, serving customers and the larger community, and being a part of the industry that makes everything else possible.