SALARY RANGE: $85,100 - $118,280 (Base salary is determined by the knowlege, skills and abilities of the applicant.)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on June 4, 2017.
LOCATION: Pueblo, Colorado
Responsible for the maintenance and operational performance of electric transmission and distribution system line equipment and substation facilities for Colorado Electric. Supervise and direct the Supervisor Substation Maintenance at COE in their duties and responsibilities.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Sr. Manager, Maintenance Services
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop standardized processes and tools to support training and execution of team objectives.
- Create, document, and maintain drawings, files, and maintenance records for substation facilities in support of day to day activities.
- Prepare and administer related outside service contracts.
- Manage approved budgets.
- Support capital project deployment by managing Substation Maintenance resources.
- Manage substation facility/equipment maintenance work including but not limited to:
- Substation and line equipment inspection program.
- Substation Infrared Analysis program.
- Weed control and lawn maintenance program for substations.
- Electrical equipment maintenance and testing.
- Update and maintain PCB oil testing records and database.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state Environmental Protection Agency and Occupational Safety and Health Administration regulations.
- Support the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) reliability compliance standards requirements.
- Actively promote safety within the department and throughout the entire organization.
- Oversee long term electrical maintenance planning and evaluation.
- Coordinate with other maintenance department(s) with respect to any operational and maintenance issues.
- Provide technical support for training and development systems.
- Support safety, diversity, and social responsibility goals of the department, business unit and corporation.
- Support system operations personnel during outages and emergencies.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and NERC compliance regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain effective working relationships with engineers, control technicians, electricians, contractor crews, and utilities leadership team.
- Establish professional relationships and work effectively with other departments, utilities, contractors, vendors, consultants and government agencies.
- 5 or more years of relevant experience required.
- Experience in maintenance of substation and line equipment preferred.
- Prior supervisory or project leadership experience preferred.
- Strong background in computer architecture, digital communications and computer software beneficial.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Power emphasis preferred.
- Strong knowledge of substation and line equipment operations.
- Strong knowledge of electrical equipment testing.
- Strong knowledge of insulation testing methods, insulating oil testing and analysis, and dissolved gas analysis.
- Knowledge of infrared scanning methods.
- Strong knowledge of National Electrical Code and National Electrical Safety Code.
- Working knowledge of utility electrical system design philosophy and equipment operation.
- Working knowledge of utility distribution and transmission line construction.
- Working knowledge of NERC reliability compliance standards.
- Working knowledge of relevant Company union contracts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite - Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
- Ability to learn and maintain proficiency with new systems and software as technology evolves.
- Skills in leadership and participation in cross functional utility teams.
- Strong ability to document and track projects and work goals.
- Ability to coordinate and direct the work of technicians, maintenance personnel and consulting engineers assigned to the projects.
- Proficiency in reading complex electrical-control drawings and schematics.
- Requires travel within the utility service territory and for support of corporate subsidiaries.
- Perform and supervise work on or in close proximity to energized electrical facilities.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
How To Apply:
Please apply on-line below:
Black Hills Corporation
We are committed to our mission to Improve Life with Energy in the work we do, in our community involvement and in the careers of our team members. No matter the role you play you will find a connection in your work at BHC to something bigger...challenges that stretch your skills, serving customers and the larger community, and being a part of the industry that makes everything else possible.