SALARY RANGE: $69,800 - $90,740
Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on April 27, 2017.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Directly support Financial Reporting function for NYSE traded enterprise. Assist with financial reporting responsibilities as assigned including, but not limited to, management reporting, preparation of SEC financial statement filings including XBRL, preparation of subsidiary financial statements, preparation of FERC financial statements, Board of Director reports, investor relations presentations, and GAAP and SEC research. Perform account analysis, as well as performing other projects and providing assistance to Finance and Accounting overall, including accounting research, technical accounting and special projects as assigned.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Manager, Financial Reporting
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide active and direct support in assurance of the timely and accurate preparation and filing of periodic SEC filings (10-K, 10-Q, and 8-K, including applicable XBRL tagging) and earnings releases in compliance with all SEC requirements, US GAAP and Company policies.
- Prepare and/or review financial information in press releases, MD&A, financial statements, and disclosures.
- Prepare and/or review GAAP and SEC checklists.
- Manage detailed production timeline assuring compliance with the firm reporting deadlines and oversee the process of obtaining quarterly data and information from various departments for consolidated and subsidiary financial statements.
- Assist with the development, maintenance and application of internal controls specific to financial reporting.
- Support and coordinate internal and external audits, quarterly reviews, and SOX reviews specific to financial reporting, including the preparation and/or review of supporting documentation.
- Prepare and/or review internal financial reports, including the monthly management reporting package, assist in preparation and review of Board reporting materials and other ad hoc management reporting requests. Assist with preparation and/or review of subsidiary financial statements, pro forma financial statements, SEC form11-K, Proxy, and FERC reporting.
- Assist in the preparation, analysis and review of monthly and quarterly consolidated and subsidiary cash flow statements.
- Analyze and interpret accounting information in order to report results in terms of profitability, variance to plan and other matters to management. Correspond with other departments and subsidiaries as needed.
- Obtain a strong understanding of all accounting systems, provide input for system enhancements, and provide as needed assistance for system upgrades/conversions.
- Provide recommendations for improving efficiencies of close process.
- Prepare account analysis, reconciliation, financial ratios and operating statistics.
- As assigned, assist with research of accounting issues and preparation of accounting memos on positions taken by the Company that impact the financial statements and offer technical assistance and interpretations to management and accounting staff.
- Maintain an expert knowledge of FASB, SEC, and XBRL pronouncements, regulations and best practices, determine the future impact to the Company, and promote timely dissemination of that knowledge as it pertains to the Company and its subsidiaries.
- Support the Investor Relations Department and assist with external and internal communications.
- Assist with development and implementation of new accounting standards and accounting policies.
- Obtain and maintain a strong understanding of the Company’s operations and strategy.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships across the Company, correspond and coordinate activities particularly associated with Accounting, Regulatory, Tax, Financial Management, and Treasury.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with internal and external auditors.
- Support and assist Corporate Accounting and Financial Reporting Departments in order to meet deadlines and goals.
- Assist management in improving the profitability of the Company.
- Comply with and perform duties within company policies and procedures and in professional manner to facilitate the objectives and goals of the Company and Finance and Accounting.
- Coordinate special projects as assigned by Management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain professional working relationships with all employees, consultants, and external auditors.
- Maintain strong working relationship with other members of Corporate Accounting and Financial Reporting staff.
- Involvement may be necessary with all areas of the Company as needed for financial statement preparation, projects and research; interface with a variety of people across all levels of the enterprise.
- Must have strong technical accounting skills and ability to interpret and implement complex GAAP pronouncements and SEC guidance.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive accounting/finance and/or audit experience preferably in public accounting or with a publicly traded SEC reporting company.
- SEC financial reporting experience preferred.
- Internal audit experience a plus.
- Experience in a utility or energy-related industry a plus.
- Supervisory / management experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- MPA or MBA strongly preferred.
- Broad knowledge of SEC reporting requirements or experience in the utility industry.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills with a strong ability to articulate, communicate and influence.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective internal and external business relationships.
- Problem solving and analytical skills; strategic thinker; attention to detail; ability to work independently.
- CPA or CMA designation strongly preferred.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
How To Apply:
Please apply on-line below:
Black Hills Corporation
We are committed to our mission to Improve Life with Energy in the work we do, in our community involvement and in the careers of our team members. No matter the role you play you will find a connection in your work at BHC to something bigger...challenges that stretch your skills, serving customers and the larger community, and being a part of the industry that makes everything else possible.