CLOSING DATE: This position will close on April 26, 2017.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Support and assist with various projects as assigned within the Company’s Engineering Resources Department. These projects will be assigned consistent with the Company’s Internship Program with an emphasis on developing an understanding of the Company’s multiple business units and enhancing the intern’s ability to apply his/her education in a professional environment.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Electrical Engineer
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Duties may include:
- Effectively prepare or review documentation with a high degree of accuracy and completeness using tools and templates available.
- Use structured problem solving techniques and statistical methods for data driven analysis and decisions.
- Build, update and analyze computer models of various network systems.
- Gather and analyze data from multiple sources in support of projects or initiatives.
- Assist with facility designs including transmission and distribution systems and substations.
- Provide support to engineers on capital projects.
- Additional projects may be assigned as needed.
- Maintain strong working relationships within the Transmission and Engineering Services Department.
- Maintain supportive and respectful working relationships with all Black Hills Corporation employees and departments.
- College sophomore or above working toward Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Basic knowledge of electrical engineering principles.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prepare and give presentations.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate with employees and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Participation in the Company’s Industry Orientation Experiences, which will include some travel and overnight stays.
- Prepare and present a synopsis of experience with the Company at the end of the internship.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
How To Apply:
Please apply on-line below:
Black Hills Corporation
We are committed to our mission to Improve Life with Energy in the work we do, in our community involvement and in the careers of our team members. No matter the role you play you will find a connection in your work at BHC to something bigger...challenges that stretch your skills, serving customers and the larger community, and being a part of the industry that makes everything else possible.