SALARY RANGE: $78,150 - $108,630
Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on May 2, 2017.
LOCATION: Fayetteville, AR
Primary financial and accounting business partner to operations leader and conduit to accounting and other financial resources. Owner of monthly financial statement accuracy and timely business reporting. Manage and prepare the O&M and capital budget. Manage the development of the financial forecast. Model scenarios through the financial planning process and individual business cases scenarios which ensure a comprehensive methodology is employed within the business unit’s financial performance measurement, financial forecasting, and across decision-making for a wide spectrum of options. Coordinates process improvement initiatives and results implementation. Candidates must be able to effectively produce outputs based on ideas and requirements from various internal sources (including his or her own ideas). Communication of sophisticated financial analysis through written and verbal reports is required.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Sr. Manager of Finance
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Financial Planning and Analysis:
- Develop and maintain financial plan which can be used as a basis for variance analysis against actuals.
- Evaluate accuracy of forecast vs. actual results and refine process to the point that it serves as an instrument of financial control in the close process and guides and supports business decisions.
- Partner with operations to strategize, prepare and analyze strategic plan, budget and forecasts.
- General Accounting:
- Perform general accounting activities, including the preparation, maintenance, and reconciliation of ledger accounts and financial statements, such as balance sheets, profit-and-loss statements and capital expenditure schedules.
- Prepares, records, analyzes and reports accounting transactions and ensure the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles.
- Provides financial support including forecasting, budgeting, and analyzing variation from budget.
- Conducts or assists in the documentation of accounting projects.
- Metrics Development:
- Produce financial and operational metrics based on key business drivers that provide necessary insight to assist management’s business decision making.
- Model Building:
- Develop logical and flexible financial models that produce a full set of financial statements utilizing existing tools and software in an efficient manner.
- Make recommendations regarding software/development matters affecting the planning/forecasting cycle.
- Develop custom models for the evaluation of new business alternatives that incorporate analysis of the key variables.
- Maintain a full understanding of regulatory outcomes and requirements.
- Key financial lead in evaluating regulatory recovery needs and development of regulatory cases.
- External Reporting Support:
- Support disclosure requirement efforts in SEC filings as requested.
- Direct supervision of a Financial Analyst.
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships across all functions of the company.
- Formalize model conclusions into clear and concise business plans or summaries.
- Keep internal and external customers informed and appropriately incorporate various perspectives in all documentation utilizing a customer service approach.
- Seek assistance from internal sources with specific knowledge or skills.
- Travel estimated at 25% to include overnight travel to other work locations.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business unit and corporate employees across all levels.
- Seven (7) plus years of increasingly complex responsibility in business finance or accounting.
- Direct experience in the development of custom business analysis tools and creation of financial planning models.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- MBA, CMA, CPA or applicable industry experience preferred.
- Extensive experience with spreadsheets and databases.
- Business forecasting, financial planning and business analysis.
- Strong interpersonal and electronic communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high stress environment when required.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities
- Ability to train others.
- Detail oriented with good archival of work products.
- Creative thinking skills.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
How To Apply:
Please apply on-line below:
Black Hills Corporation
We are committed to our mission to Improve Life with Energy in the work we do, in our community involvement and in the careers of our team members. No matter the role you play you will find a connection in your work at BHC to something bigger...challenges that stretch your skills, serving customers and the larger community, and being a part of the industry that makes everything else possible.