SALARY RANGE: $69,800 - $90,740 (Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on March 29, 2017.
LOCATION: Fayetteville, AR
Manage community affairs function for Black Hills Energy’s Arkansas operations to achieve successful results in meeting the company’s goals. Represent the utility before external stakeholders to build and maintain strong/collaborative relationships with communities and customers through strategic communication plans and tactics.
Lead a strategic approach through:
- Creating an enhanced business environment through community relations strategies aligned with business objectives.
- Development and implementation of community relations strategies, messaging and implementation priorities.Fostering trusted community stakeholder partnerships.
- Leading consistent reputation and communications community engagement strategies.
- Proactive media relations.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Manager, Community Affairs – East
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Community & Stakeholder Relations: Develop and enhance effective communications channels and relationships with community, business, local and state governing agencies, civic and other leaders. This will assist the organization in positioning the company for opportunities, establish and enhance key community relationships and address key community issues effectively.
- Franchise Negotiations: Successfully renew franchise agreements through solid community relationships and proactive communications.
- Communications Planning: Create communication plans to facilitate understanding and dialogue with internal and external stakeholders.
- Messaging: Develop messaging that consistently enhances our brand and increases the knowledge base of our internal ambassadors (modify messaging as appropriate for specific initiatives).
- Media Relations: Develop and executive a proactive media relations strategy; build relationships with local media and respond to media inquiries appropriately.
- Social Media Management: Act as a strategist in collaboration with the Digital Media team to assist with social media content development.
- Community Contributions: Facilitate the state’s sponsorship, donation and volunteerism initiatives with a local steering team available to support and implement.
- Community Engagement: Oversee all community engagement initiatives, including, but not limited to, energy assistance programs, Energy-Saving Trees and weatherization.
- Represent Community Affairs and support communications and community relations as it relates to: Annual Community Newsletters, Community Events, Franchise Negotiations, Internal Communications, Advertising, Sponsorships/Donations and any other event in which Community Affairs plays an important role.
- Arkansas Governmental & Community Affairs Manager.
- VP of Operations for Black Hills Energy Arkansas Gas.
- Arkansas Gas leadership team and other members of the Arkansas operations team.
- Corporate functions that support Arkansas Gas and other parts of the business, including Governmental Affairs, Communications, Regulatory, Legal, Customer Service, Business Development and Human Resources.
- Local elected officials and key community leaders.
- Regional media.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the utility industry or a related field, i.e. communications, public administration, business administration and/or marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred.
- Knowledge of communications, operations, franchise laws and regulatory and legislative processes is preferred.
- Knowledge of public relations, media relations methods and strategies.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Effective project management skills, including planning & organization.
- Dedicated collaborator.
- Drive for results.
- Strong written and verbal communications and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
How To Apply:
Please apply on-line below:
Black Hills Corporation
We are committed to our mission to Improve Life with Energy in the work we do, in our community involvement and in the careers of our team members. No matter the role you play you will find a connection in your work at BHC to something bigger...challenges that stretch your skills, serving customers and the larger community, and being a part of the industry that makes everything else possible.