CLOSING DATE: This position will close on March 28, 2017.
LOCATION: Laramie, WY
Ensures the safe and successful installation, preventive maintenance and subsequent repair of company facilities, electronic measurement devices, and SCADA devices.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Manager, Gas Operations
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining all phases of mechanical, pneumatic and electronic measurement, and measurement control equipment including the installation, operation and maintenance of all gas pipeline related facilities.
- Perform mapping, record keeping and data entry duties per company policies.
- Identify report and correct safety and environmental concerns.
- Participate in the development of O&M Procedures, Site Specific Procedures, project scopes and work plans.
- Complete all applicable documentation and record keeping.
- Perform all work in compliance with Company Standards, procedures, regulatory and tariff requirements.
- Demonstrate performance toward operational excellence.
- Inspect/oversee the construction and /or maintenance activities performed by third parties.
- Train and oversee company and third party personnel as required (i.e. personnel in progression, contractors, visitors, etc.).
- Other duties as required.
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with staff, other departments and management.
- Customer focus
- Deal with a wide variety of people with tact, courtesy and professionalism.
- Experience with mechanical, pneumatic and electronic equipment used in gas measurement and control.
- Working knowledge of AGA measurement standards and ability to apply gas laws.
- Knowledge of gas chromatography, both theory and application.
- Working knowledge of various components of measurement error.
- Working knowledge of revenue streams associated with meter stations within area of responsibility.
- General knowledge of regulators and relief valves found on project lines and main lines and general meter sets.
- Job planning and prioritizing. Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of flammable gases, liquids and high pressure systems.
- Knowledge of company policies and practices, and regulatory and tariff requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of flammable gases, liquids and high pressure systems.
- Knowledge of company policies and practices, and regulatory and tariff desirable.
- Intermediate computer skills (knowledge of MS Office, operating systems, company software).
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals).
- Working knowledge of National Electric Codes.
- Ability to work from written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required job schedules focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and diagrams.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers.
- May be required to work non-traditional hours as needed.
- May be required to carry a company-provided cell phone/pager and be available to respond during working hours; may be required to respond during non-working hours, especially related to company emergencies.
- This position performs tasks that are defined as safety-sensitive and is subject to DOT workplace drug & alcohol testing.
- Must be able to respond to emergency situations not to exceed 20 minutes from their reporting location.
You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions
- This position requires the use of a self-contained breathing apparatus.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
How To Apply:
Please apply on-line below:
Black Hills Corporation
We are committed to our mission to Improve Life with Energy in the work we do, in our community involvement and in the careers of our team members. No matter the role you play you will find a connection in your work at BHC to something bigger...challenges that stretch your skills, serving customers and the larger community, and being a part of the industry that makes everything else possible.