Electrical Discipline Specialist 055-19
by Sharon | Oct 14, 2019 | Engineering, Careers
Skilled professional that has extensive experience and competence in the Electrical discipline. Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Abilities
- Act as a liaison between management and Staff.
- Establish and monitor budgets, proposals, and bill reviews for various projects.
- Serve as back-up for management as needed.
- Collaborate with Staff on the preparation and verification of design calculations.
- Provide technical training, mentoring, and guidance in collaboration with BGU.
- Analyze performance trends to determine training needs in collaboration with BGU.
- Provide performance feedback to stakeholders (which includes Staff, Clients, Vendors, etc.).
- Interpret and apply applicable codes for design including collaboration with AHJs.
- Develop and implement process flow analysis based upon best practices within program teams to sustain a Quality culture, improve team efficiency, increase profitability, and share best practices.
- Interface with Clients, vendors, or other stakeholders on technical items in collaboration with the Program Manager and/or Project Coordinator.
- Interface with Program Clients on technical items in collaboration with the Program Manager.
- Delegate assignments to members of the team.
- Communicate with Program Manager regarding Staff Performance.
- Assist with performance evaluation.
- Identify and mitigate potential risks/issues during project life cycle.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive data.
- Maintain positive working relationship with PORs.
- Perform and/or coordinate quality control of project documents.
- Perform quality control and discipline coordination of documents prepared by project Staff.
- Participate and oversee the organization and preparation of necessary project/program related materials such as reports, including stamping/signing/packaging of documents as needed, etc.
- May assist in the preparation of estimate/opinion of probable cost.
- Assist with response to and coordination of RFIs, bid questions, submittal reviews, etc. as needed.
- Write, edit, and/or review specifications within project requirements for inclusion into project document set.
- Assist with the managing and coordinating of agreements, proposals and other contracts with Client(s).
- Assist with on-going Client Relationship Management.
- Perform site observations, scope trips, and construction observations, as required.
- Coordinate Client/team/department projects from start to finish.
- Monitor, assign and supervise tasks for all phases of the project life cycle.
- Assist with the implementation of key decisions and action items.
- Responsible for encouraging Staff to achieve optimum performance, retention, and morale.
- Perform on-going Client Relationship Management.
- Supervise project team members.
- Assist with training, coaching, guidance, and mentoring of Staff.
- Serve as back-up to Program Manager.
- Identify and communicate scope and design changes to project team.
- Assist in achievement of profitability and revenue goals for assigned projects.
- Assist in Accounts Receivable communications with Client.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert in Electrical Engineering.
- Perform specialized Electrical quality control on a variety of documents based on general guidelines set by Client and Electrical standards for multiple programs.
- Oversee the design of specialized Electrical systems.
- Identify and mitigate potential risks/issues during project life cycle as relates to the Electrical discipline.
- Make recommendations and decisions on design issues as it relates to the Electrical discipline, as needed, in collaboration with the Program Manager and/or Project Coordinator.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and tasks, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions and work assignments.
- Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with Clients and co-workers.
- Motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision.
- Dependable, hard-working and committed to achieving excellence.
- Ability to maintain a professional working environment.
- Team oriented, but self-sufficient.
- Attention to detail.
- Handle confidential matters properly.
- Utilize and follow guidelines necessary to complete your responsibilities.
- Goal-driven leader who maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, guides, and coaches Staff to meet high performance standards.
- Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation.
- Leader whose honesty and integrity provide for effective leadership and optimal business relationships.
- Empowers and inspires team members.
- Visionary for future success of team.
- 8 years applicable work experience in the A/E field, specializing in the Electrical discipline with a focus in commercial/facility design.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Licensed Professional with a good standing.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and/or REVIT platforms.
- Thorough knowledge of required codes for this position.
- Experienced in Costworks.
- Experienced in Masterworks.
- Specialized certification in discipline related systems. [ADA, LEED, etc.]
- Work environment for this position is in an office.
- Work days of 9 to 12 hours in length, or more, will occur.
- This position may require regular travel to project sites.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
Click HERE to e-mail your resume and/or cover letter to THIS EMAIL Share this:
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Benefits of working at Benchmark Group
· Flexible work hours
· Casual dress code
· Generous paid time off
· Health/Dental/Vision insurance with Flexible Spending Plan (beginning Day 1 of employment).
· AFLAC Supplemental Insurance
· Long & Short Term Disability Insurance
· Life Insurance
· 6 Paid Holidays
· 401(k) Retirement Plan
· Professional Development Support
· Continuing Education & Professional Accreditation/Exams Support
· Professional Membership Dues Administration & Support
How To Apply:
Benchmark Group is a fantastic place to start and grow your career. The advantages of working at BG extend beyond our attractive benefits package. We offer our staff state-of-the-art technology, a strong commitment to continuing education and professional development. Our culture facilitates interaction with peers and established professionals. Our substantial Client base will enable you to create a diverse portfolio of project experience. We are always looking for people of exceptional talent, integrity and professional commitment to be members of our Project Team of Choice.
Thank you for your interest in a Benchmark Group career.