See all jobs in manhattan KS
Job Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Bayer Construction Company has an open position for Construction Project Manager/ Estimator. Bayer Construction is located in Manhattan, KS. Type of work includes Site development, grading, rock excavation,municipal utilities, subgrade modification, demolition, municipal asphalt paving, municipal concrete paving, crushed limestone quarries.
Having learned early on that safety and quality go hand in hand, we continually strive to ensure that each of our employees has- and maintains- the safest possible work place. That, in turn, allows our experienced project managers and field personnel to provide the professional service and innovative solutions for which we've become known. Over the past 20+ years, we've tackled projects which range from the simplest to the most complex, and in each case, we've found that by drawing upon the skill of our people, and teaming that up with the latest available technology, we can meet and exceed our clients' expectations.
Bayer Construction is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Primary duties and responsibilities of Project Manager / Estimator include:
• Become thoroughly knowledgeable with projects documents including plans and specifications
• Coordinate and order materials
• Improving construction methods
• Building a strong client relationship as well as maintaining a positive relationship with subcontractors, suppliers, and employees
• Develop and maintain a schedule and weekly look-ahead schedules or multiple projects
• Assist with field estimating and change orders
• Attend planning and coordination meetings
• Assist with purchasing, procurements, and subcontract management
• Prepare and transmit submittals
• Prepare estimates for projects
• Reconcile vendor, clients, and subcontractor invoicing discrepancies
• Promote job site safety and a clean and productive work environment
• Assist with GPS Modeling
Job Qualifications / Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or related discipline preferred
• Must have a minimum of 5 years' experience in highway/heavy, civil, and underground utility construction
• Ability to accept responsibility and account or his/her actions
• Ability of being dependable and trustworthy
• Time management
• Ability to manage time and be accurate at all times
• Ability to work under pressure in a highly productive and competitive environment
• Proficiency in B2W software, Microsoft Office, Topcon Magnet, GPS and related spreadsheet and database software
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties assigned.
The job will occur under the typical office environment with regular visits to job sites. Sitting long periods at a desk at a computer will occur.
• Competitive Wage
• Paid Vacation
• Paid Holidays
• Room for advancement
• Great team atmosphere
• Company provided pickup, cell phone, and computer
• Great opportunity for the right person
How to Apply:
Please fill out the PDF Application and forward the completed application:
Bayer Construction Company, Inc.
120 Deep Creek Road
Manhattan, KS (785) 776-8839
Bayer Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer.