See all jobs in Omaha NE
How to Apply:
American Foods Group, LLC.
Job Location: Omaha, NE
Job Type: Full Time
Position Name: Regional Recruiter
Family: Human Resources
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Omaha, NE
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Actively recruit, interview, evaluate, and select salaried, production, and production support candidates consistently per hiring policies and in accordance with affirmative action/EEO. Must be able to recruit all positions in AFG from exempt and non-exempt employees through hourly production at plants across the organization.
- Be available for travel to support recruitment for our organization. Travel will include Puerto Rico. Amount of travel will vary, but will be heavy at times.
- Conduct pre-employment drug screens.
- Serve as company advocate; research, contact, and build rapport with agencies
(community services, colleges, high schools, employment agencies, recruiters, etc.) to identify new talent, provide company information, opportunities, and benefits; make presentations and maintain rapport.
- Attend and coordinate job fairs (onsite and off-site) to attract talent.
- Attract candidates by placing advertisements (job service, newspaper, online, radio, billboards, local publications, colleges, high schools, etc.).
- Maintain and manage job postings (internal and external).
- Establish recruiting requirements by studying organization needs; meet with supervisors/managers to discuss needs.
- Improve organization attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices; monitoring job offers and compensation practices; emphasizing benefits and perks.
- Determine applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants, analyzing responses, and comparing qualifications to job requirements.
- Coordinate interview and Post Offer Functional Assessments (PFAs) schedules arrange travel and/or lodging as needed.
- Ensure hire and pre-employment paperwork is completed per hiring policies.
- Maintain recruiting reports (production staffing, interview, rehires, etc.).
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Avoid legal challenges by understanding current legislation; enforcing regulations with managers; recommending new procedures.
- Continually seek innovative ways to attract new talent.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be fluent (reading, writing, speaking) in English and Spanish.
- Current knowledge of State and Federal employment laws and regulations and Labor and Employee Relations preferred.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written).
- Ability to communicate effectively with all types of employees and the public.
- Good time management; ability to prioritize, and manage multiple projects.
- Must be professional, results driven, and able to perform duties with minimal direction.
- Must be able to work as a team.
- Must be able to work hours contingent on business need.
- This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion, and secure information management.
- Effective negotiating skills.
- Ability to travel as needed. Travel will be variable and heavier at times.
- Support diversity.
Education, Training, and Licenses:
- Diploma/GED required.
- Associate Degree or Bachelor degree in Human Resources desired.
- 2 years demonstrable experience in recruiting preferred.
- This position requires traveling up to 70%.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish speaking) is required.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Legal/ADA Considerations: Normal office environment. Occasional overnight travel by surface or air. Occasional periods of shop environment. Extended work hours.
An Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet
How to Apply:
American Foods Group, LLC.