See all jobs in Yankton SD
How to Apply:
American Foods Group, LLC.
Job Location: Yankton, SD
Job Type: Full Time
Company/Department: Cimpl Meats, LLC / Human Reources
Location: Yankton, SD
Job Title: Human Resources Manager - Plant
Status: Exempt, Full-Time
The primary function of this position is to develop, implement, and maintain compliance in the application of established human resource policies and systems, and ensures coordination with all elements of the American Foods Group Human Resources Strategy. The Human Resources Manager will drive plant results by translating strategy into concrete actions and tangible outcomes and reports directly to the operational leader of the plant with a functional reporting relationship to the Human Resources Director for that division.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strategically deliver HR services, programs and initiatives aligned with the plants business strategy and AFGs Human Resources Strategic plan. Act as a business partner, strategic solution provider, advisor, and counselor for the plant leadership team.
- Effectively manage, communicate, and build relationships with a culturally diverse workforce from plant hourly associates through the plant supervisory and management team. This relationship needs to be built on significant manufacturing floor presence by the Human Resources team. As part of this relationship, partner with supervisors/managers in handling conflict resolution, corrective and disciplinary actions as well as assist in conducting workplace investigations. Follow open door policy. Facilitate communications between English and Spanish speaking employees, both verbal and written.
- Partners with all levels of plant leadership to focus on employee retention efforts. Be an internal champion for maintaining a plant team effort to positively affect employee turnover.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement. Coach HR staff to look for improvements in processes for both efficiency and results. All HR activities should be evaluated so that we are continuously looking for improvements in consistency, compliance, efficiency and employee retention.
- Manages and maintain legal and company compliance in all HR departmental activities including plant recruitment and hiring steps, I9 verification, safety and health services reporting (where applicable), training programs, and various reporting requirements. Serve a general advisor on employment law and government regulations. Specifically, ensure facility compliance with governmental regulations, such as: Affirmative Action Plan (AAP), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), etc.
- Effectively manage and process company payroll.
- Business Acumen.
- Strategic Vision.
- Relationship Management & Communication, including to employee groups, management, or the local community.
- Team Building
- Critical Evaluation and Problem Solving
- Leadership & Navigation.
This position does have supervisory responsibility.
The position will work in an office environment within one of American Foods Groups manufacturing facility. Occasional periods in a shop environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds. The ability to walk safely on the shop floor and through a manufacturing facility.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, with flexibility for hours of work based on plant activities and needs.
This position may require occasional travel to other corporate locations or recruiting events.
Required Education and Experience
- Formal education in Business Administration with HR or Safety emphasis or related field
- 5-7 years HR/Personnel/Safety experience in a production environment, preferably in manufacturing/processing/packaging.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Legal/ADA Considerations: Normal office environment. Occasional overnight travel by surface or air. Occasional periods of shop environment. Extended work hours.
Females, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled Individuals Encouraged to Apply
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How to Apply:
American Foods Group, LLC.