See all jobs in Omaha NE
How to Apply:
American Foods Group, LLC.
Job Location: Omaha, NE
Job Type: Full Time
Position Name: Graphic Design Specialist
Status: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Location: Omaha, NE
The graphic designers primary responsibility is to support all internal and external needs for art and design, using brand guidelines, color theory, typography and photography.
The graphic designer is responsible for layout, design and production on miscellaneous projects from start to finish. This temporary position will present designs and product concepts in a concise, professional manner and effectively communicate a brand/product message to the consumer.
This temporary position will likely last between 6-8 months.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Uses knowledge of current graphic design software to produce graphic art and visual materials for promotions, advertisements, films, packaging, and informative and instructional material through a variety of media outlets.
- Generates and manipulates graphic images, animation, sound, text, and video into consolidated and seamless multimedia programs.
- Proofread artwork at all stages of production and make changes as necessary.
- Communicate with outside print vendors, relaying specifications and requests for pricing, as well as submit press-ready files for digital and offset print jobs.
- Responsible for consistent logo usage and help maintain established graphic standards.
- Ability to ensure projects are organized by priority and deadlines are met in a timely manner, considering all steps from concept to delivery.
- Must remain abreast of technological advances in the field and be able to identify areas of use in the organization.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field.
- All other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience with graphic design software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Acrobat Pro.
- A strong portfolio of previous work demonstrated.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and PowerPoint).
- Wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Must have a keen eye for design, photography and strong typographic skills.
- Typically reports to head of department
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to quickly analyze and solve problems
- Always thinks strategically and is results driven.
- Detail-oriented, especially pressure under deadline.
- Highly organized and efficient.
- Ability to work independently, to follow directions and to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
Education, Training, and Licenses:
- Bachelors degree in Graphic Design, Communications, or related field required.
- 2+ years in marketing and brand management.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Legal/ADA Considerations: Normal office environment. Occasional overnight travel by surface or air. Occasional periods of shop environment. Extended work hours.
An Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How to Apply:
American Foods Group, LLC.