See all jobs in Green Bay WI
How to Apply:
American Foods Group, LLC.
Job Location: Green Bay, WI
Job Type: Full Time
Company/Department: American Foods Group, LLC / Human Resources
Location: 500 South Washington Street, Green Bay, WI
Job Title: Human Resources Specialist
Reports to: Human Resources Business Partner-AFG
Position Type: Regular Full Time
The Human Resources Specialist performs a variety of administrative tasks associated with day to day human resource operations. Provides support for various HR functions, including, staffing and recruiting, HRMS, business partners, records management, policy administration, and compliance.
- Answers phones for the corporate HR department.
- Manages job boards for exempt hiring. Handles employment requisition processes, including postings and screenings, processing incoming web-based applications, and maintaining the applicant tracking system for the corporate office.
- Supports college recruiting and internship programs.
- Performs HRIS data entry and personnel file maintenance.
- Assists employees and supervisors with basic interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- Works with new hires to schedule pre-employment tasks including drug screens and background checks.
- Assists with new-employee onboarding and orientation.
- Maintains confidential personnel files and personnel actions.
- Responds to reference checks and verifications of employment status.
- Assists HR management with projects.
- Assists with benefits administration.
- Works with department heads in developing and maintaining Job Descriptions for the organization.
- Compiles data from various sources and prepares reports, as requested.
- Assists with compliance of the Employee Hotline; ensures investigations and updates are completed in a timely fashion within the system.
- Assists in maintaining company handbooks and policy documents.
- Actively participates in department process improvements; suggests ideas for increased efficiency and employee engagement.
- Assists corporate HR with special projects, as needed.
- Assists other facilities with projects as needed that fall within these functions.
- Human Resources knowledge and proficiency.
- Interpersonal communication proficiency.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility/Follow Through.
- Project and assignment initiative and self-direction.
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Knowledge of office administration procedures. Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials; establishing priorities; and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent telephone, oral and written communication skills.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures.
- Be friendly, positive, helpful, team-oriented and respectful to employees, management, and customers. Support these groups with a How can I help? attitude.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree required. Preferably in HR or Business
- Demonstrated proficiency in or knowledge of using a variety of computer software applications, especially Microsoft Office suite.
- Demonstrated successful work experience in human resources or a related function.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How to Apply:
American Foods Group, LLC.