See all jobs in Green Bay WI
How to Apply:
American Foods Group, LLC.
Job Location: Green Bay, WI
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Americas Service Line, LLC / Americas Logistics, LLC
Directs financial and accounting activities of the organization by performing the following duties personally or through team members.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Oversee reporting systems and ledgers ensuring compliance with GAAP Standards and regulatory requirements.
- Establishes or recommends to management, major corporate economic strategies, objectives, and policies for the company.
- Recommends modifications to existing corporate programs pertaining to transportation operations.
- Prepares reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses and earnings based on past, present and expected operations.
- Directs preparation of budgets, reviews budget proposals and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification.
- With direction by American Foods Group:
- Advises management about insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities.
- Directs determination of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets.
- Advises management on desirable operational adjustments due to tax code revisions.
- Complete internal audits as directed by corporate Internal Audit Department.
- Prepares reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Establishes relations with banks and other financial institutions.
- Provides management with timely reviews of organization`s financial status and progress in its various programs and activities; completes reporting each month for corporate review.
- Manage one assistant controller, one cost accountant and eleven staff in financial and accounting services.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of these units.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Six to ten years related experience in transportation industry necessary.
- Positive and enthusiastic leader with the ability to create a high performance work team.
- Capable of creating and carrying out a vision for the Accounting and Finance team.
- Skilled in change management and creating a continuous improvement mindset for the team.
- Carries out leadership and managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization`s policies and expected behaviors and applicable laws.
- Interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Experience in Windows, Word or Word Perfect, Excel or Lotus 123 necessary.
- Best ABRA desired.
- Ability to learn product and fixed assets software.
Education, Training, and Licenses:
- Bachelors Degree (B.A) or equivalent. CPA Desired.
Legal/ADA Considerations: Normal office environment. Occasional overnight travel by surface or air. Occasional periods of shop environment. Extended work hours.
Females, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled Individuals Encouraged to Apply Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How to Apply:
American Foods Group, LLC.