Position Name: Payroll Administrator
Status: Exempt, Full-Time
Location: Long Prairie, MN
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage weekly, bi-weekly, and supplemental multi-state payroll, including garnishments, benefits and taxes consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Ensure all Company payrolls are processed accurately and in accordance with corporate, local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Responsible for being the Kronos master user for the facility. Maintains employee statuses in Kronos.
- Recommend and implement time and cost savings improvements wherever possible.
- Manage preparation of reports including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.).
- Reconcile withheld taxes and gross earnings for quarterly tax reporting and annual W-2 processing.
- Approve the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, employer's social security, unemployment, and workers’ compensation payments.
- Audit W-4s, payroll balance sheets, YTD earnings, etc.
- Ensure systems are set-up and updated to reflect current employee base, including wages, benefits, PTO and/or vacation time (in line with contracts if applicable).
- Calculate time cards, posting, and coding wages, direct deposit processing, voiding checks, issuing manual checks, and benefits administration.
- Balance the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Make required changes to employee information such as change of address, withholding or regular deductions.
- Process child support deductions and garnishments.
- Oversee the calculation, reconciliation, and auditing of premium statements for all group insurance policies and maintain statistical data relative to premiums, claims and costs.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Assists controller in preparation of government reports and forms.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Provide internal "customer service" to employees, supervisors, and managers, in responding to inquiries and in the resolution of issues and problems to ensure the integrity of human resource, payroll, and benefit records and systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Analytical skills: ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations; ability to review and compare data to identify inconsistencies and determine priorities.
- Effective communication skills: ability to speak with employees at all levels.
- Time management & organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook); prior experience with Kronos and Ulti Pro preferred but not required.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to maintain confidentiality required.
- Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in difficult circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; recognize the value in every person's contributions; ability to work independently being proactive to resolve work issues or notify supervisor of resources needed; ability to coordinate with other employees and as part of a team.
- Ability to perform duties with minimal direction.
- Bilingual: fluent in Spanish (speak, read, and write) preferred but not required.
Education, Training, and Licenses:
- High School Diploma/GED required. Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Finance or Accounting preferred.
- 3-5 years’ payroll experience in a production environment required.
Legal/ADA Considerations: Normal office environment. Occasional overnight travel by surface or air. Occasional periods of shop environment. Extended work hours.
Females, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled Individuals Encouraged to Apply Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
How to Apply:
Please send resume to:
American Foods Group, LLC.