See all jobs in yankton SD
Job Location: Yankton, South Dakota
Position Name: Harvest Production Supervisor
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Location: Yankton, SD
The production supervisor is responsible for coordinating and supervising daily activities of the assigned production process to ensure efficient production of wholesome quality products, the safety of our staff, and that employees follow established rules and procedures.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for supervising 20 or more production employees within the facility
- Manage all harvest processes; make sure all operations are efficient, effective, and accurate according to customer specifications.
- Ensures that employees follow established rules and procedures.
- Advises departments of work that needs to be completed.
- Maintain adequate crewing to meet production requirements.
- Reports yields and other applicable product information as required.
- Direct production to maintain and/or improve operating efficiency.
- Resolves problems for the operations department.
- Familiar with production reports and daily production schedules.
- Ensure all products are produced to customer specifications and food safety standards.
- Issues discipline as needed.
- Train and enforce GMP’s.
- Helps plant comply with all federal, state and local regulatory requirements and procedures.
- Monitor downtime and seek ways to reduce downtime.
- Assists with creating production reports and daily production schedules.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Assist with employee development as it pertains to acquiring job skills, proper protective equipment use and care, proper company procedures and practices, etc.
- Provides job performance feedback and correction instruction.
- Teaches and demonstrates company’s commitment to safety and quality of work.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum of 2 years in food industry.
- Considerable knowledge of harvest process and work requirements.
- Previous experience leading/ training/ supervising employees.
- Ability and willingness to instruct, coach, and lead others effectively.
- Must be able to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain recordkeeping in English, however bilingual English/Spanish is preferred.
- Basic computer skills.
- Potential involvement in employee recruitment.
- Provide plant tours as needed.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability and willingness to learn other skills as needed.
Legal/ADA Considerations: Periods of shop environment. Extended work hours.
Females, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled Individuals Encouraged to Apply
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
How to Apply:
Please send resume to:
American Foods Group, LLC.