Advanced Control Systems, an Indra company, provides intelligent automation systems to electric utilities for monitoring and controlling electric power transmission and distribution. As a major supplier of utility automation systems throughout North America, we have established a reputation for technological innovation and leadership in the evolution of the intelligent power grid. ACS and Indra are proven technological leaders in our industry; we actively engage our team in a dynamic and challenging wok environment. We currently require qualified programmers to work on a project initially based in Augusta, ME; individuals will be required to work in Rochester, NY for training for 2 months.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Implements data models, data access and table maintenance codes.
· Collaborates with staff to identify data relationships and functional requirements; analyzes and resolves issues related to information flow and content.
· Working knowledge of stored procedures, triggers, functions and packages.
· Monitors the relationships between the database users and applications.
· This is a temporary position based in Augusta, Maine. Candidates will be required to work in Rochester, New York for training.
- Five years of professional programming experience required.
- Advanced knowledge of the following programs and methodologies:
- Java and Agile
- IDE NetBeans.
- GUI Swing.
- C++ for Unix.
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle DB 11g as programmer (includes deep SQL knowledge, PL/SQL, packages, etc.).
- SunOS Version 5.10 or Unix as programmer, including scripts (KSH, BASH) Awk, etc.
- Deep knowledge of Java Script
- IDE Eclipse.
- Tomcat 7.
- Power SCADA OMS knowledge (Siemens Spectrum 4, if possible).
- Knowledge of the electric utility business.
- Good communication skills required to work in a multi-national environment. In addition to employees in the United States, we have associates from Sapin, Austira, Slovakia, China, Nepal, Venezuela, India, and Sri-Lanka.
Selected candidates must pass a seven-year background check and drug screen.
How to Apply:
Please include salary requirements with your resumes.
Advanced Control Systems, An Indra company (ACS)
Accommodations for Applicants with Disabilities Advanced Control Systems, An Indra company (ACS) is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to individuals with disabilities. ACS will provide reasonable accommodation in the application and employment processes to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable such individuals to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. For assistance in the application process, please contact Human Resources Department
Advanced Control Systems, An Indra company (ACS). is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected status, covered by applicable federal, state or local law.