To demonstrate the Gospel values of love and justice through service, education, advocacy and collaboration. Our vision is the insure all persons have that which is necessary to experience their human dignity and development.
Non-profit community social services.
Its many programs and services include:
- The Adoption/Foster Care program provides comprehensive services related to legal adoption inclusive of foster care placement.
- Adult Day Services provides a range of community based social services and support for frail elderly, the physically and mentally disabled, and mentally ill persons in an environment conducive to family-like support and intervention.
- Anthony Family Shelter & Emergency Service offers a continuum of support for at risk individuals and homeless families. The emergency services component offers immediate financial material assistance, homeless prevention, case management and outreach. The shelter provides temporary shelter and a wide range of support services to homeless families.
- Counseling Services provides outpatient mental health and counseling services to individuals, couples, families and groups. Special components include substance abuse prevention and education, school consultation, and parish outreach.
- Foster Grandparent Program enables low income person, 60 years or older, to supplement their incomes through meaningful work, to remain physically and mentally active, and to enhance their self-esteem though continued participation in community services to children with special needs.
- Harbor House gives temporary shelter in a secure and confidential location to women and children who are victims of domestic violence.
- Retirees form parish-based Harvest House centers for regular social, educational, religious and service activities across the diocese.
- Migrant Education identifies and recruits children of migrant workers for facilitatory school placement and referral to other social services.
- Refugee Services offers refugees resettlement, naturalization assistance, and an adult literacy program providing classes in English as a Second Language (ESL), pre-GED, and GED.
- St. Dismas Missioners is a volunteer ministry of presence for those incarcerated in local jail and prison facilities. Encompassed are regular visits to prisoners as well as advocacy for reform in the fields of criminal justice and criminal correction.
A full range of benefits including medical and dental insurance, life insurance, flex spending, 401(k) retirement account, paid vacation and holidays.